Is cheerleading a sport?

Many people still debate whether cheerleading is a sport or not?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cheerleading Injuries/Deaths

This article cheerleading injuries in high school and collegiate settings holds some interesting facts about cheerleading how and when it started and statistics of participants as well as injuries. Being a cheerleader the statistics do not surprise me.

In Memory:

Lauren Chang was a cheerleader from Worcester, Mass who died during a cheerleading performance, after being kicked in the chest. Below is a video of a tribute performance put on by her teamates.


In Memory:

Ashley Burns died from a lacerated spleen after falling from a stunt. I dont agree with suing the cheerleading gym for her death. It is an accident and it is just as dangerous as any other sport.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry... My prayers are to be sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD HAVE DIED, ALL BECAUSE THEY TRUSTED SOMEONE 😔

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry... I hope you guys will be ok and I will keep you guys in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete